Last modified: January 11, 2017
At Million Dollar Club Inc. (“MDC”) we are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with a positive experience on this website or any of our other websites (“Our Sites”). MDC provides this Privacy Statement to inform you of our privacy practices as they pertain to Our Sites. This Privacy Statement applies to all aspects of your use of our products and services, whether made available or accessed via Our Sites, via the websites of our partners, via other third parties, or on mobile devices.
MDC provides communication, data storage, and search solutions including, but not limited to, mobile and web-based products. MDC products, services, software, MDC Site, and all analysis and results generated from use of such items, are collectively referred to in this Privacy Statement as the “Services.”
What information do we collect?
Your personal identifiable information
We may collect data, including personal identifiable information (“PII”), about you as you use Our Sites and Services and interact with us. PII is any information that can be used to identify an individual, and may include name, address, email address, phone number, login information (account number, password), marketing preferences, social media account information, or payment card number. Should we link other data with your PII, we will treat such linked data as PII. We also collect PII from trusted third-party sources, and from time to time may engage third parties to collect PII to assist us.
We generally collect PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via Our Sites, including when you send us an email for any reason (such as general customer service inquiries, general job inquires, or submission of job applications or resumes), you select to create an account, or choose to personalize your online experience, we will use the information to respond to your request and store such data in our database.
- If you provide MDC with your email address for the purposes of receiving email notifications regarding the Services or enabling the use of certain features of our Services, we may also email you with information, newsletter subscriptions, marketing communications, and offers from MDC and/or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
- The Services may enable you to send emails to your friends. If you provide your email address or your friends’ email addresses for these purposes, we will store those email addresses, but will not use them to send promotional emails to you or your friends (unless you or your friends independently sign up to receive promotional emails from us).
We and the third parties we engage may combine the information we collect from you over time, and across Our Sites and Services, with information obtained from other sources. In the end this helps us gain more accuracy and completeness, and supports us to better tailor our interactions with you.
Should you choose to provide MDC with a third party’s PII (such as name, email, and phone number), you represent that you have the third party’s permission to share their PII. Examples can include forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend or sending job referrals. Third parties may unsubscribe at any time from any future communication by simply following the link provided in the initial message or contacting contact@MDC.com.
From time to time, MDC and the third parties we engage may automatically collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons, and other similar applications. This information is used to better understand and improve usability, performance, and effectiveness of Our Sites and to help tailor content or offers for you.
Non-personally identifiable information
We also collect non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) via Our Sites and Services. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a person or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, your computer’s operating system, which pages you view, which links you click, the amount of time you spend on certain pages, and certain demographic information such as age and gender. MDC collects Non-PII under the following scenarios:
- When you visit Our Sites, our servers may automatically collect and may store Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, the number, frequency, and duration of your visits to Our Sites and specific pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your computer’s operating system, the web page you were visiting before you came to Our Sites, and information you search for on Our Sites. This information may be used for Our Sites maintenance, and to enable us to enhance our products and services offered.
- When you register on Our Sites, our servers may automatically collect the Non-PII items described above as well as your interactions with MDC’s staff and other registered Site users. We may retain this Non-PII in our internal system as part of your registered account. We may use this information internally to analyze the aggregate activities and preferences of our registered Site users, and to track and assess your interest in becoming a Services user.
- When you use the Services, our servers may automatically collect Non-PII including but not limited to your IP address, web pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Services, and information you search for via the Services. This information may be used for Our Sites maintenance, to enable us to enhance our products and services offered.
- When you enable the Services on a website, we may record data related to that activity, including but not limited to the URL of the web page(s) where the Services are enabled. We use that information to help maintain and track the effectiveness of the Services.
- Non-PII is also collected from End Users who visit a web page where the Services are enabled.
- We may use certain Non-PII about your visits to Our Sites, other websites, and your use of the Services in order to enable us to provide products and services to you. As explained below, we use a cookie or web beacon to collect this information.
Similar to other Our Sites, MDC uses automatic data collection tools, such as “cookies” and “web beacons” in connection with Our Sites and the Services.
A “cookie” is a small data file that we transfer to your computer for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to Our Sites and the Services. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services to better understand how Developers and End Users interact with the Services and to monitor web traffic routing on Our Sites and aggregate usage of the Services. We may also use “flash cookies” to enable certain features of the Services, and to help store the non-PII we use to deliver more relevant products, services, and advertisements to you via Our Sites, the Services, and on other websites you may visit.
We also use web beacons in connection with Our Sites and Services. Web beacons (also known as “1X1 pixels” or “clear GIFs”) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of Our Sites or all functionality of the Services.
These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to Our Sites such as your browser type and the address of the site from which you arrived at Our Sites. They may also collect information about:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device whenever you are connecting to the Internet. It allows web servers to locate and identify your device. This is a unique address assigned to your device by your Internet service provider or information systems department on a TCP/IP network.
- Clickstream behavior. For example, the pages you view and the links you click.
These tools also help make your visit to Our Sites better by increasing ease of use, efficiency, effectiveness, and valuable by providing you with a customized experience and recognizing you when you return.
While on Our Sites we may use widgets, which are interactive mini-programs that run on Our Sites to provide specific services from another company (such as displaying polls, contact forms, news, opinions, music, videos, and more). PII, such as your email address, may be collected through such widgets. Cookies may also be set by widgets to enable them to function properly. Information collected by widgets is governed by the Privacy Statement of the company that created the widget.
Some web browsers may give you the ability to enable a “do not track” feature that sends signals to the sites you visit, indicating that you do not want your online activities tracked. This is different than blocking or deleting cookies, as browsers with a “do not track” feature enabled may still accept cookies. There is currently no industry standard for how companies should respond to “do not track” signals, although one may develop in the future. Please note, Our Sites currently do not recognize and respond to “do not track” signals at this time. Should we do so in the future, we will describe how in an updated version of this Privacy Statement.
Information sharing and disclosure
With your permission, from time to time we may share your PII with MDC business partners or vendors, so they may send you information that may be of interest to you regarding products or services. To opt-out of this sharing with third parties for their marketing purposes, please email us at contact@MDC.com.
By using Our Sites, Services, or otherwise providing PII to us, you agree we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use. For example, when we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on Our Sites or sending an email.
In addition to the data collection and use practices outlined above, we may share or otherwise disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
Within MDC and for purposes of data processing or storage.
Aggregate information and non-identifying information
We may share aggregated information with third parties, including the press, in order to demonstrate usage of the Services, spot industry trends, and to generate publicity for the Services. Any such aggregated information will not contain PII.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services and/or to provide services on our behalf (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, and administration). These third parties have access to PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with laws and law enforcement
MDC cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of MDC or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or that poses a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate, or legally actionable.
MDC may sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including PII, Non-PII, and any other information we have, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
We may provide links to other third-party sites and services that are outside our control and not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statements posted on those sites.
MDC’s statement toward children’s privacy
Privacy protections of children is important to us. MDC encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. MDC does not knowingly collect PII from children under 13 without appropriate parental or guardian consent. If at any time a parent or guardian believes his or her child has provided us with PII, without their consent, or we may have collected PII from someone under the applicable age of consent without proper consent, he or she should immediately contact us at privacy@MDC.com. Should we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will take reasonable steps and measures to investigate and address the issue promptly, and where appropriate, to delete such information from our files.
Opting out and changing or deleting your information
Changing or deleting your information
Anyone with a registered MDC account may review, update, correct, or delete the PII in their registration profile by logging into their account and changing the preferences associated with their account. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. If you’d like MDC to delete any PII that we have on you, please send us an email to contact@MDC.com.
If you’d like to opt-out from having MDC collect and use your Non-PII, please send us an email to privacy@MDC.com. When you opt-out, we will place an opt-out cookie on your computer. The opt-out cookie tells us not to collect your Non-PII. Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choice. Please also note that opting out in this manner will not impact the information collection practices of certain third parties or social media sites. You will need to visit the privacy statements of those third parties in order to exercise your opt-out choice as it pertains to them.
The security of your information is important to us, including but not limited to the PII collected via Our Sites and Services. We have implemented reasonable security measures to protect the information in our care, both during transmission and once we receive it. This may include, but not limited to, the use of firewalls and encryption. You should know, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Information collected on Our Sites or via the Services may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to MDC, please be advised that we transfer PII to the United States and process and store it there. Your consent to this Privacy Statement followed by your submission of such information represents your consent to that transfer.
Our Sites and Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit a product supplier, advertiser, or other third party by “clicking on” a product description, banner ad, or other type of advertisement, or click on another third-party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a product description, banner ad, or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data, or solicit PII from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the PII you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Updates to this MDC Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. Should we modify our Privacy Statement, we will post the revised version on this site with an updated revision date. You are advised and agree to consult the Privacy Statement regularly to be aware of and review any such revisions. Should we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we may also notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by posting a notice on Our Sites. By continuing to use Our Sites after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them. Click here for the previous version of our Privacy Statement.
How to contact us
We value your opinions. Should you have questions or comments related to this Privacy Statement, please email our privacy team at privacy@MDC.com.